Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Swimming Banquet

So... We went to the swimming banquet tonight. I thought it was just for regional swimmers, but I was wrong. It was the end of the season banquet.

We bring food, appetizers or deserts. First, we eat, then we do awards, then we did the raffle things.

We go down the line of food and pick whatever, like a buffet. We sit down and eat for a while.

After a while, they call the attention to the small table with the awards. First, they give participation awards, or as me and Lauren like to call them: Reminders of Failure and Certificates of Suckiness.

After the awards they had an announcement about next season (the roof collapsed and they kinda have to fix it because they closed down two lanes and we are all crammed into four lanes). I am going to skip over that because it was long and boring.

When they went to the raffles, I didn't really expect to win anything... Like last year. I actually expected Lauren to win and me to not.

What happened was, I put one card in one, two in another, and three in the third basket I wanted (there were a lot of baskets, like thirty). I was so excited about the one I put three in. Lauren had a ton of cards, like three times the amount of me. She put like, one in the basket with the nook (not one of my options. I have a kindle). She put about five in a different basket and the rest in the one with the $100 gift card to Dicks Sporting Goods.
 I ended up winning the raffle I only put one ticket into. In the basket was a Reeses, a swim lesson with my least favorite coach, and a coach bag. A small one. I looked it over and it is worth almost $60. I got it for free with luck.

Life is good

That's all I am gonna say on the subject... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment